Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!


First blog post of 2008! I finally feel rested up after an exhausting month of December! So many things going on, and almost too many things for which I was responsible. There were times right before Christmas when I thought I should probably get some sleep, but I had too much adrenaline, and couldn't rest. Christmas was different this year, since Mom ended up going to the local emergency room for some intestinal problems. At least she didn't need surgery, as some of us were thinking she might, and she's much better now! Tracey and Donna and I (along with help from hubbies and kids) were able to get Christmas dinner together and on the table, and we tried to be good hosts to the various relatives who came by. Mom said later that she was feeling so badly that she actually didn't even worry about any of the details taking place (she left for the ER after Christmas Dinner was over), or whether we got everything accomplished. She said later that we did a fine job, but we told her we didn't want to do TOO good of a job without her!

I need to change some things next year (although right now I don't know quite what!). I just didn't feel in the right spirit for Christmas, and I wasn't in the right mood to truly celebrate Jesus--the Reason for the Season. Realizing and acknowledging that fact is the first step towards making some changes.

One good thing I was able to do this Christmas break was to convince some adults to create a Facebook page! I had set up an account several months ago, and at the time, I really wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. But Abby opened an account (I decided to get more involved so that we could learn the ropes together!), and as I developed my page and added more stuff, and explored some pages of people (and some applications that can be added), I realized that Facebook needs more adults, and more of a Christian presence. As my sister-in-law says---it provides accountability for our young teens and adults, knowing that their parents/aunts/uncles are also on-line. I like the networking aspect, and the fact that I can be in touch with nephews and nieces and let them know I'm thinking about them, and being a little more involved in their lives, even though we live a distance away. It's also been fun to connect with some college friends from the past.

Enough "chatting" here for tonight . . . I need to finish this and start my chat letter to family and friends. I skipped last week (I was on vacation!), but I need to get back into routine this week!

No comments: