Saturday, February 16, 2008

Lord, I don't know where all this is goin' . . . .

or how it all works out
Lead me to peace that passes understanding
Peace beyond all doubt (Newsboys--Adoration CD)

Ever been part of a group and get to a point where every meeting leaves you unsettled and restless and you ask yourself, "why am I part of this group, anyway?" We're there because every time in the past twenty+ years we've asked God that question, He's said, "You need to stay." (And even lately, when I ask that, He allows other people to point out different things that remind me of why we stay--even as lately as two weeks ago.) There are reasons to stay now, but I keep praying, because I am not at peace. It's either going to get better (people's attitudes will need to change) or else our family will be in for a change from this group that's supposed to be our support system (although I do realize that it may get a bit worse before it gets better if God tells us once again to stay). But I also rely on Scott's judgment. I thought today's meeting would ease this unsettled feeling in my soul, but I just came away more frustrated and unsettled. I just keep praying and praying for God's direction and timing. If any of those who read this want to help in some way, please pray!

No comments: