Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Variety of Thoughts . . .


It's been over a year since I've posted here! Our family has gone through many changes--mainly the graduation of our oldest child, Abby. The day after graduation, we left for a few days of vacation, visiting with some long-time friends. Then once we arrived home, Abby moved out! It was a week of whirlwind changes, but I think we all adjusted well. Abby moved out because her job at the local college included room and board. She loved staying there and working there for the summer, and now she loves being a college student. She has also entered a dating relationship with her long-time friend David, but if you want to read about that, you'll have to read their blogs. It's their story to tell (it's a good and interesting one!), and I'll stay out of it unless I'm asked my opinion!

Joel is in his junior year of high school, and he's very, very busy! Anna loves her first year of middle school. She's just about as tall as I am, and her feet are bigger than mine!

My latest thoughts (ones which I want to post, anyway---not all my thoughts are postable to the public in my opinion) are not necessarily deep ones:

1) I think I know why people don't use wallpaper as much as they used to. It's a PAIN to take off when you decide you want a different look for the room. I'm currently redoing my kitchen, and just taking off the wallpaper border and subsequently getting all of the glue off was tedious and time consuming. I also want to redo my living room this coming year, but I will need to take off all of the original (1939) wallpaper which has been painted over for seven decades. It seems like an overwhelming job. But if I get the kitchen finished (paint the ceiling, walls, AND cupboards), maybe my sense of accomplishment will help spur me on to the next project . . . but do I want to tackle the dining room walls, first? There is no wallpaper underneath those walls--just underneath the ceiling in that room.

2) Does it mean a person is getting "old" if when you go to your family doctor for a regular physical, he asks if you have a living will? Guess hubby and I are there, because he said he got the same question a few months ago. I told the doctor that I've already told the family I don't want to be a vegetable . . . "Pull the plug." My doctor smiled and said, "That's very good, but we need to have that documented in your file."

That's it for now . . . need to get off the computer and get some things done.

No comments: