Monday, April 28, 2008

Getting Through April . . . .

April has been an extremely busy month, and some days it seems like we're getting ready for some event only to start planning for our responsibilities for the next event as soon as the previous event is done! I've had a lot of thoughts lately (when don't I? I am constantly churning out thoughts . . . .sometimes I don't always like that, but that's the way I was made). But my main thought is that tomorrow, I really need to clean my house. I know I won't get it all done tomorrow (my house did not get dirty/messy all in one day, and I can't expect it to get clean in just one day), but at least I can make a dent.

Also, gotta LOVE winter clearance sales! I was out at the mall last week, and found that Sears was having some major sales on their Lands End line of clothing (winter clothing). I was able to purchase two pair of pants for $7.00 each (they were originally about $34-40), and a nice, thick winter sweater for $7.00 (it was originally a $60.00 sweater). We've had such beautiful weather, but yesterday I was glad a cold front moved in, because it gave me a chance to wear my new clothes!

Our weeks have been so busy that we've tried to be intentional about having some quiet weekends (at least for Scott and I . . . Abby and Joel have been gallivanting about to concerts and such). That will change in the month of May. We have several weekends where we have about five different places we COULD be each day. I'm past the point of feeling guilty when I can only choose one or two per day and have to say 'no' to all of the other events. Sometimes life is just too busy, and quiet times at home are a respite. I personally need the "down time" in order to be energized for everything else that's on the schedule.

Just some random thoughts on a rainy afternoon . . . .

No comments: